Friday 23 April 2010

Weekly Blog Challenge - online inspiration!

Hey everyone!

I realised I didn't get the weekly blog challenge up - I think there was too much excitement between the newsletter, the barracks reno and the sale!

Never fear - it is now here. This one is super easy.

Use a blog or website as inspiration for your page!

I have lots of sites that I have in my google blog reader that I can get great colour combo ideas, photograph inspiration, layout design prompts from.

Here are a few of my faves!

www.designspongeonline.com
http://www.redvelvetgirls.typepad.com/
www.frankie.com.au
http://knackstudios.blogspot.com/
http://ohjoy.blogs.com/my_weblog/

So your challenge is to create something inspired by a fave blog or website of yours - and it can be inspired in anyway - colour or style or layout or photos or words or images or quotes - HOWEVER! Please share which site it is that inspired you and what specifically about it that took your fancy.

Here is my page it is based on my love of the frankie magazine site! Currently their blog banner is a paper pieced section, with cut out kraft and book paper used. I made my own "snowflake" by crimping an oval shape out of kraft cardstock, then cutting segments out with scissors and my cropadile. I then cut another section from book paper using the crimping scissors.  Thanks so much for the inspiration frankie!



The photos are from a wedding we went to in February (sorry I had to blur the faces for privacy). And I have used some of the totally YUMMY new Pink Paislee Queen Bee range available from the shop.


Remember, you have till the end of the month to upload your creations based on the CPC blog challenges, either link back here or upload to the CPC blog challenge gallery.

For each page that is uploaded or linked back, your name will be added to the draw for a CPC voucher!

Can't wait to see what you make.

Cheers,

Lee

1 comment:

Miss Mary said...

I uploaded mine to the gallery. This was so much fun.