Wednesday 13 October 2010

Christmas Card Class - Step by Step

Hi everyone,

Thought I would share a card we are making in the shop next week, using the same method of making a felt flower that we did on the blog recently.

Ok for this card you will need:
  1. Folded card
  2. Mirror board
  3. White and Red card
  4. Double sided tape and 3d foam.
  5. Martha Stewart rose leaf punch
  6. Spellbinder dies - circle and new eyelet circle
  7. Felt - with matching cotton and a needle
  8. Brad
  9. Small flower
  10. Christmas Greeting
  11. Christmas embossing folder
  12. Cuttlebug
Cut a strip of red felt, I just cut it the thickness of my metal rule. Then measure out 5 points, I just used the cm marks on my mat to give me a guide. Cut, then run a slip stitch along bottom edge, pull together and secure with a stitch.


Now cut some mirror board to fit the front of your card, leaving an even border of white around the edge.Emboss and stick to the card.



Now cut a strip of white 2" by the length of the card and a strip of red 1 3/4" by the length of the card.
Stick the red on the white and stick down the middle of the card. Cut a large eyelet circle out of red and a circle of white to fit inside the red, stick the white on the red with d/sided tape.

Punch 5 leaves and ink edges with a darker green. Attach the flower to the middle of the white circle with a brad, putting the flower in the centre first. Then glue the leaves in the gaps, taking the tips to the edge of the circle.
All that is left is to 3d the circle on the card and add a Christmas greeting below it.

This is the same card with different colours, please have a go at these and share in the gallery.

I hope you have been enjoying my step by step projects, please leave me a note if you want, love to hear your comments.

Until next time, take care - Marg.

2 comments:

Hopes Handcrafts said...

These flowers are so cool...I must try making some myself! :-)

Mrs Frizz said...

wowser ... like the look of these ... they look awesome!