Saturday 2 October 2010

Embellishment Class No 2 - Paper Pieced Teddy.

This is another of the items we made in our first Embellishment class last week.
They are soo cute, have a go, will look great on a card or layout.

Paper Pieced Teddy.

You will need -
*  Stamp and ink  (I used a Birch Baby Stamp set and black Stazon ink)
*  Selection of PP and card stock. (I used BG Friutcake papers, some brown hand made paper, some other scraps of pp and White card.)
*  Punches or Nestabilities ( I used the Nestabilities Ovals and Scalloped ovals)
*  Some inks or liquid chalks ( I have used Colorbox liquid chalks and a dauber)
*  3d foam and double sided tape.
*  Good sharp Craft knife or precision scissors
*  Glue stick, pen or glue pad.


Now stamp your image twice onto white - 1 being the main card that is then cut with Oval Spellbinder.
twice onto brown, once onto the two pp's, and then the feet twice onto another paper.
Cut out each bit.

Then you just start sticking him back together on your main card, leaving the extra head and feet, these you will add 3d foam dots to before sticking on.

Now cut your ovals and scalloped ovals using your Spellbinder die, I have used my trusty Cuttlebug...did I tell you that I really love the Cuttlebug...well if not....I love my Cuttlebug.
Would use it almost everyday.
Use your liquid chalks around the all the ovals, then use a dauber to put a soft edge in towards your teddy, doesn't show up very well on this pic, sorry.

Now almost done. Stick your brown with d/s tape to your large Scalloped oval, and your teddy to the small oval, then using 3d foam stick the 2 bits together....and this is what you will have.
         Is he cute or what??!! Barbie has already used the one she did at the class on a layout below.
Thanks for dropping in,
I would love some feedback as to if anyone would like me to do more of these step by step tutorials, please leave a comment if you would like me to.
bye for now,
Marg.








No comments: