Friday 19 November 2010

and it's the weekend ...

and it's getting a little closer now to Christmas ... just over a month to go ... and that big man in red will put in an appearance.

Hope that you have all been good ... he knows you know whether you have been a little bit naughty or a little bit nice ... and now you've only got a month to improve your stats - lol.

So ... your weekend challenge this weekend and it's not difficult ... to make a Christmas card and some type of voucher / money holder.

You are allowed to use one piece of cardstock, paper scraps and a few embellishments and chances are they are already sitting on your desk.

Here's what I did.

My supplies :

One piece of 12x12 Bazzill cardstock
Scraps of Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses
Fibres
A little Prima bling
Bling brads
Alpha stickers
Christmas flowers
Ink
Punches
Fiskars trimmer
Adhesive


My voucher / money holder is super quick to make up, honestly ... it is!  You may have already seen one before, I whipped up a couple last year.

So ... here we go.

Grab your 12 x 12 cardstock.

Make a cut so that you have two pieces of 6 x 12 cardstock.

Then cut one of your 6 x 12 pieces into two 6 x 6 pieces of cardstock.

Using a piece of 6 x 6 cardstock, fold in half and score - grab your other piece of 6 x 6 cardstock and pop it back in your Fiskars trimmer and sit it on the right hand edge and make a cut ... fold in half and score ... so in other words you have a thin strip.

Ink all edges.

Use your adhesive along the thin strip and stick down on either side of your 6 x 6 cardstock ... the two open raw edges [scored in half] to make a pouch - hopefully that makes sense.

Grab a circle punch and in my example I have punched out three circles, folded them in half and inked them, used adhesive and stuck them down on the left hand side of my voucher pouch to close the pouch holder.

I've punched a half circle punch on the right hand side to make it easier to pop in said voucher or Christmas money.

I've only lightly decorated this Christmas voucher pouch thus far by tying on Christmas fibres, adding a little bling and a Christmas flower and a bling brad.

The recipient's name will added using alpha stickers above the edge towards the right hand side. [sometimes I add tags for the recipients initials].

Now ... how easy was that ... super duper easy.  I know it was, come on ... admit it ... easy peasy!



So too is the Christmas card I whipped up at the same time.


Go back to the 6 x 12 pieces of cardstock and fold and score into three.

Ink all edges.

Using your trimmer cut off about an inch from your front edge and then use a decorative punch for that edge - you can see what I've done in my photo collage.

I've used a piece of scrap Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses paper inked the edge and stuck down on the inside and then the very middle of the card I've left totally blank for my penmanship etc ... you could stamp a Christmas greeting inside if you wanted to.

On my front cover I've used a little Prima bling, fibres, alphas and flowers that I had been using for my Christmas voucher / money holder.

Instead of using your card as a card, before you embellished it, you could turn it the other way and place your embellishments to the right hand side [you are now looking at your card landscape fashion instead of portrait] and then this too could become a voucher / money card.

You could have both the Christmas card and the money / voucher pouch whipped up in no time at all.




So ... before the weekend is done, I hope that you find time to be a little creative and whip up a card and a voucher / money holder.

Don't forget to upload into the gallery into the challenges folder or link back here to us on the blog so we can come and visit and check out your creativity.

I'm away to a scrap retreat this weekend ... woo hoo, lots of laughs, time creating with friends, workshops, a whole lot of food [probably too much] ... all in all a fun weekend.

Later,
Michelle [aka Mrs Frizz]

P.S. and I'm supposed to be 'luging' before I start scrapping ... crikey !!!

No comments: