Tuesday 14 December 2010

Christmas tags

Christmas is knocking on our doors and I'm sure that I'm not the only one frantically wrapping and labelling gifts.

This year I have made quite a few homemade tags, some really quite simple and some of them I have made just a little more special than others.

This particular tag has been made using Bella papers, from the Sarah Jane range and Marg has them in the shop ... I've also used Designs Galore paper and cut out one of the Santa's - check out the different papers in this range in the shop as well.

I've distressed the edges a little and used crackle paint on the bottom of the paper and let it dry naturally and it has curled the edges a little - love the way it has done that.

I've inked the edges of my papers using a combination of Victorian Velvet, Antique Linen and Tea Dye distress inks.

I've popped a small piece of gauze between the top paper and the second layer of my tag, added a little crackle paint and diamond dust, added a tag, feather, pearls and seam binding ...






















Love the way this tag turned out and can only hope that the recipient appreciates her special tag.

So ... how about making yourself a couple of special gift tags and sharing them with us in the gallery.

Happy creating.
Michelle [aka Mrs Frizz]
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mish said...

These are absolutely stunning M

Marg said...

wow Michelle this is amazing, thanks for sharing.