Tuesday 7 June 2011

And it's Tuesday ...

Time for another crafty challenge .

Are you ready ???

Recently we were challenged to use our punches and just quietly, I have a few of them.

They seem to be the 'go to' tool of choice in my scrap room at the moment.

I've used my circle punch [two different sizes], a diamond edge punch, a scalloped edge punch, a frond punch and wait for it ... I was using a wee brick punch and punching out bricks and then I noticed the edge left over and thought to myself, am going to have to use that as well.




So ... if you are short a punch or two, whip into the shop and have a wee nosey ... Marg has got plenty of punches on offer.

And something a little different from me ... If you are wondering what it is that is under my layout texture-wise, it is a little gesso. This is the first time that I have used gesso on a layout [that I've shared] and I quite like the effect and I like it even more on another layout that I have been creating where I have added a little glimmermist ... but we will leave that one for another day.

There you have it ... dig out those punches ladies and be creative ... use them, work them, punch with them instead of leaving them sitting there gathering dust.

Don't forget to share your creativity in the gallery.

Happy creating.
Michelle [aka Mrs Frizz]

P.S. and yep, I'm still looking for that pot of gold!!!!  A friend of mine took these photos on her new fandangled camera and shared them with me ... lucky me ... thank you Nadine.

No comments: