Monday 18 July 2011

Let's play a little ...

with punches.

How many of you have got a punch or two lying around in your scrap room, buried in amongst your stash ... how about you drag them out and play a little with them.

I grabbed a couple of round punches, circle punches, you know the ones ...

I punched two circles, I distressed them a little, I hand sewed around the edges and made them to be used as journalling spots ... how easy was that?  A handmade embellishment.

I punched a few more circles, inked them, cut them in half and used them to make a scalloped edge border.

Nothing difficult about either of them girls.

I moved the circles around, added a few different embellishments, just to play ... haven't stuck anything down ... just paper shuffling.


 
Remember last year when I made these paper flowers ... they too started off as punched out circles.

Those paper circles were torn a little, distressed a little, inked a little, layered a little ...

and voila ...



now back to those punched out circles ...

I moved them around a little bit more [as you do] ... I have added a few bits and bobs
that were lying around, I kid you not ... this is a real bitser layout.



As you can see, I haven't used much patterned paper ... ummmmmmmmmm ... how about one piece from a 6x6 paper pad to be exact ... a little twine, a few flowers, a little chippie, some scrap card and there you have it.

I'm still having a play with those circle punches ... will share at some stage.

So grab one of your punches and have a play with it ... oops, be creative with it.

Marg has plenty of punches available in the shop ... go for it.
YA
Happy creating.
Michelle [aka Mrs Frizz]

No comments: