Monday 4 May 2009

A sketch, a layout and Heidi Swapp Invisibles...

Good morning, Lynlee here, and as it is Tuesday again, it must be time for a sketch. I also have a layout as a example, and as I have used the new Heidi Swapp Invisibles on my layout, I thought I would give you a quick run-down on what they are, and a couple of examples on how you can use them. So first up, here is this weeks sketch.And here is the layout I created for the sketch. I have used a some Crate paper as my cardstock, then a piece from Basic Greys Urban Prairie range. I have used the Invisibles as my title and the pink and white spotty piece as my photo mat.

Now, on to what the Heidi Swapp Invisibles actually are. They are a range of products which have a pattern on them, and the pattern is printed to resist inks, chalks, glimmer mists etc, so that you can colour the items to suit the specific project you are doing. The picture below shows the 12x12 paper which I have used on my layout to mat my photo's. You can see that I just coloured in the section that I wanted to use with the pink ink, and it now perfectly matches my layout.

In the photo below I chose to use the alphabet for some of my title, so I went ahead and picked out my letters, then I just stuck them down to some baking paper and inked away, then once the ink dried I just stuck them to my layout. I also added Glossy Accent once I had finished sticking them to the layout, so lots of possiblitied here.
So that's my basic run-down on using Invisibles, but if you would like to know a bit more, just watch the video, and Heidi will show you some more great stuff to do with them. Marg has a great range in store at the moment, so why not give them a go, they are a really great product. Enjoy !







No comments: